I love looking through Pinterest for recipe ideas, fashion features and workouts to follow, but I’m not so great at actually ‘pinning’ anything. I scroll through the feed trying to make a mental note of whatever I’ve seen or copy/pasting the image somewhere else. Sadly this means I inevitably lose it or forget about it.
Here’s some advice on how to get the most out of Pinterest
· Create an account- I think you may have to do this now before using.
· Be specific with your searches, this will reduce the amount you have to scroll through
· Or use it as a great source for inspiration when you’re lacking some- type in something simple like ‘healthy dinner recipes’ for a plethora of ideas. It’s also brilliant for wedding/party ideas.
· Create boards. These are the perfect way to keep all of your inspiration together, you can ‘pin’ things to your virtual board or from outside websites directly to your board. Look out for a P sign on photos and blog posts for easy pinning. (You can find them on all of my pictures on the blog, plus a red and white P sign at the bottom of all of my posts.)
· Follow other users whose boards you find useful, interesting or just plain beautiful.
· Link your accounts and share your pins on Facebook, twitter, email to let your friends and followers find out a little more about you, your likes or just what cake you want for your birthday!
You can follow me on Pinterest – TheRunnerBean here.
Along the Pinterest theme, I’m getting involved with TheLean Green Bean’s Pin It Party! You share 5 posts from your blog, with pretty ‘pinnable’ images that you want to see on Pinterest and write a short blog post about them. Then share your post in this link up. Simple!
Here are my favourite recent blog posts that I’d love to see on Pinterest…
Do you use Pinterest? Do you have boards or do you just scroll through for inspiration?