I saw this on someone else’s blog (although I am so sorry but I have completely forgotten where) but thought it was a fab idea, so I thought I’d share mine with you guys today.
Here are my top 5 running moments;
1. Finishing the New York Marathon with a 36 minute PB. I had loved almost every minute of the race, and couldn’t quite believe that I’d just run through Central Park and earned my second marathon medal. Along the course I’d seen my parents, high fived Tom, and cried with pain/happiness at seeing Tom’s parents.
2. Running hand in hand across the London Marathon finish line with my friend Emily. It had been a real slog, but we’d made it. I thought I’d finish never wanting to run again, but luckily I just couldn’t stop thinking about running it faster next time- despite the huge blisters on my feet.
3. Running along the Thames with Tom on Valentine’s Day this year- it was his suggestion to run (which makes me SO happy), the sun was shining and we bumped into a friend on the Thames tow path too. After our run we made a big brunch before going to Twickenham to watch the rugby. Ideal Valentine’s Day!
4. Waddling over the finish line of the Berlin Marathon and hearing my friend shout my name from the VIP area to say well done. Just before he’d spotted me I’d been hunched over the fence, trying not to vom- obviously I styled this out when I realised he was watching! I then received a text from Lissy with my results- 10 mins faster than my goal time, and my first Sub 4 marathon.
5. Not exactly MY running moment, but during the London Marathon when Tom came over for a huge hug at mile 23. It was completely worth not running the marathon myself for that one moment. Closely followed by overhearing him telling friends that he wanted to run it again!
What are your top 5 running moments? I’d love to hear them!