This is the most disgusting my hair has ever been. Sometimes I purposefully don’t wash my hair in the morning when I have something to go to after work, this means I HAVE to go to the gym at lunch to workout so that I wash my hair afterwards. I’m a little gross, and addicted to dry shampoo.
2. Meet up with a friend at the gym to work out together, you won’t want to let them down, even if you’re meeting ridiculously early.
3. Sign up for a class, this works particularly well if you’ve paid for the class in advance as you won’t want to waste your money.
4. Book a personal training session (if you can afford it)-if there’s someone waiting to train you it would be rude not to show up.
5. Bribe yourself- whether it’s with an awesome breakfast, cake, drinks after work or some new clothes. If I go to an early session then I always treat myself to a post-workout coffee.
6. Keep gym kit under your desk or close to where you work- then if you have a stressful day, or just need to get out of the office for a bit, you’ve got no excuse not to go. Plus if it’s suddenly amazing weather you can go for a lunchtime run!
7. Get yourself some new kit that you really want to try out. There’s nothing like a new top or pair of trainers to motivate you to workout in them.
8. Sign up to a gym or studio that you love. I know not everyone is a member of a gym or can afford to be, but if you can, then find one you think is amazing. Mine is more expensive than I ever thought I would pay for a gym, even with a corporate work discount, but I use it so much and take advantage of so many classes that for me it’s money well spent as I enjoy spending time there. (At another gym I once tried there was a genuine fight in the ladies changing room for the showers!)
9. Find somewhere beautiful- if you love working out outdoors, find a beautiful trail, open space or interesting route to do your thing. Even better if you continue discovering new areas for your runs or bootcamp workouts.
10. Think about how smug you will feel afterwards….