After the Monster Workout Cookies were such a hit from my cookbook, Cook Eat Run, I wanted to share these super simple energy balls that are guaranteed to be loved by kids and adults alike. Ideal to enjoy with a cup of tea before an evening workout.
I was inspired to give these a go after seeing my friend Heather share her Cookie Monster protein balls on IG. She was involved in a horrific car crash last week and it feels like it’s a miracle that she’s alive. Please send her some love and drive safely!
I’m excited to have an upcoming partnership with Quaker Oats (although this recipe is not part of the collaboration!) – oats contain beta-glucan, a type of fibre that enhances the body’s immune system, helps stabilise appetite, and may reduce levels of LDL cholesterol. Not to mention the complex carbs to help fuel your long run/workout.
Monster Workout Energy Balls
- 120g (1 ½ cup) oats
- 1 tbsp flaxseeds/linseeds
- 130g (1/2 cup) peanut butter, smooth
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 30g (1/4 cup) sultanas
- 50g (1/4 cup) mini m&ms
- Combine oats, flaxseeds, peanut butter, honey, vanilla extract, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Add sultanas and m&ms.
- Wet your hands slightly, and roll into 10 balls.
- Transfer to an airtight container, and keep frozen or refrigerated until ready to eat.
Tip: for firmer Energy Balls, let chill for at least 20 minutes before eating